FEI Member and Chapter Leader, Scott Dell,
Presented Accounting Educator Award at WICPA Excellence Awards
Our chapter is excited to announce that on Thursday evening, May 10, 2018, Scott Dell was presented with the Accounting Educator Award at the 2018 WICPA Excellence Awards. This annual event was held at the Hilton Milwaukee City Center and honors accounting professionals for their leadership and dedication to excellence.
This award in particular commends an accounting or business educator for their contributions in academia and the accounting profession. It also recognizes the recipient has demonstrated innovative techniques in teaching and motivating students.
Scott is an Assistant Professor and the Accounting Program Director at Marian University in Fond du Lac. He is an active and long-term FEI Member and also serves as the chapter's Career Management Committee Chair.
Please click here to view the award summaries, read Scott's acceptance letter and access the complete program brochure (courtesy of the WICPA). Congratulations Scott!
2018 Academic Achievement Awards
For over a decade, the chapter has partnered with FERF to support the Academic Achievement Awards Program, which was developed to recognize and reward demonstrated excellence in finance and accounting students in colleges and universities throughout Northeastern Wisconsin.
Above: (back row to front row): Alex Vandenberg (St. Norbert College); Jacob Barthels (Lakeland University); Lawson MacDonald (Marian University); Courtney Hamilton (University of Wisconsin-Green Bay); and Brian McKnight (University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh).
This year, the chapter presented five $1,000 awards during their April 18, 2018 Chapter Meeting.The annual academic achievement awards program is supported by the chapter, its 17 strategic partners and members. The chapter believes in the investment in the next generation of business and thought leaders who will successfully carry the mission of FEI into the future.
From the pool of eligible accounting and finance majors who applied for award consideration, the following recipients were selected from their respective institutions (in alphabetical order):
- Jacob Barthels, Lakeland College: Accounting and Business Administration major, future CPA, with anticipated graduation in 2019
- Courtney Hamilton, University of Wisconsin-Green Bay: Accounting major, future CPA, with anticipated graduation in 2018
- Lawson MacDonald, Marian University: Business Finance and Marketing major, future financial advisor, with anticipated graduation in 2020
- Brian McKnight, University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh: Finance and Economics major, future mutual or hedge fund equity analyst, with anticipated graduation in 2018
- Alex Vandenberg, St. Norbert College: Accounting and Economics major, future CPA, with anticipated graduation in 2019
In addition to the $1,000 award, all five students received a digital subscription to FEI Daily, a certificate of academic excellence from FEI National President and CEO, Andrej Suskavcevic, and a standing invitation to attend any/all FY 2018-19 FEI of Northeastern Wisconsin chapter meetings and events.